Monday, 1 September 2014

The Mystical Magic of Kate Bush

I'm a long time fan. There was a time in my life when listening to Kate Bush was the closest I could get to any 'magic' in my life. And like many young women who liked to sing I spent a lot of time trying to match her vocal flexibility but who could, really?

Watched this documentary about her last night with some interesting people commenting on her. Obviously, they spoke to Peter Gabriel, and I wasn't surprised to see Natasha Khan (Bat for Lashes) or Tori Amos or Neil Gaiman, and I shouldn't have been surprised to see Annie Clark of St. Vincent. But there were others I didn't recognize or really know (Elbow?). I also liked the idea of handing the interviewees a phone that was playing one of her videos...it was neat to see people watching and singing along. And, I didn't know this, but David Gilmour was instrumental in getting a young Kate her first record deal.


KATE BUSH - The Kate Bush Story (2014 BBC Documentary) from Videodrome Discothèque on Vimeo.

After watching I, of course, did some googling and discovered she has a new stage show!! It's called Before the Dawn and I now find myself looking through ticket master to see if, by some bit of magic, there's a ticket available despite being "sold out." Of course, then there's the problem of getting to London...hmmm, maybe it's time to dust off the old broom.

0 comments: