Friday, 4 July 2014

Ghosts of my Childhood

That's not the name of this song but it is the lyric that caught me.

Oh, and Happy 4th of July to all of you in the US of A.



If you really want to conjure up a ghost
Cultivate a space for the things that hurt you most
Rake the sands until they surface
Bind their tiny eyes

Stake out your position, let your armor fall
Stay put 'till they find you, it won't take long at all
Rake the sands until they surface
Up they come, gone translucent

They're coming up no matter what
Fools rush in and the doors slam shut

Ghosts of my childhood, stay with me, if you will
Find a place where there's water, hold you under 'till you're still
Rake the sands until they surface
Don't let anybody call them ugly 

- Outer Scorpion Squadron by The Mountain Goats  

3 comments:

Mantan Calaveras said...

Hhm. I like this song and this band quite a bit at first blush. I may have to check them out.

Thanks for sharing!

P.E. Cor said...

Then you should check out Damn These Vampires. It's the song that first brought me to The Mountain Goats.

P.E. Cor said...

Oh, and glad you liked them!