Saturday, 21 September 2013

A Cemetery Walk - Waterford Bridge Road

I sense a theme in my last few posts - walking and a bit of nostalgia. I think it's partly the time of year. September inevitably makes me think of the past. All those falling leaves...

Except where I'm living the leaves aren't really falling - unless I've forgotten to do the watering. Where I am right now September is the time of year one looks forward to the temperatures cooling down to the low 30s in the evenings. Yep. And it's sweaty, too. But by Halloween the evenings will be perfect. Perfect for wearing costumes (without any heavy sweaters or coats) or for lurking in the shadows. Mwuaahaahaahaa!

Actually, I miss sweater weather. Truly. I love the nip in the air that tells you to get out your socks, heavy shoes, and favourite fleece. Sigh. 

So, because I can't put on those things and go for a walk in the cool evening through one of my favourite cemeteries, well, I guess I'll just have to do it via the old slideshow I've preserved forever on YouTube.

2 comments:

Mantan Calaveras said...

Yeah it finally got cool enough that I'm wearing socks and flannels. Hot DOG, it's almost here!

P.E. Cor said...

Lucky you!

Post a Comment